The Jermyn-Timpson Art Collection increments.
Last weekend London - this weekend - the artworld. Gary and I purchased a marvelous work today. A somber, serious study, reminisent of picasso's blue period. I suppose you'll all be wildly jealous - imagining Gary and I swanning around some inner city gallery - opening night, hobnobbing with dublin's finest arties and farties, glass of Wolfblass in hand - 'thats fabulous darling, its georgeous - I must have it please darling can I can I can I? (Gary is irresistable when he begs).
Back to reality. Picture 3-bed in the suburbs. G and me in our tracksuits, snuggled up watching the Biography channel on cable. Cups of tea in resting in the crooks of our elbows, digesting pork chops and apple sauce and a couple of cans of Fosters. There's a knock at the door and in comes a stunning french lass fresh from a Parisian art school. I see the painting of the kitties and its all over. Gary forks over some squids and we are now the proud owners of a B. Lony.
I have to say that I am extremely fond of it (Gary is still grumbling about framing costs). Its special because the texturing on the canvas is coconut husk and the black one in the middle looks like our cat. And it will go perfectly in the nursery. Steady there! Just a little joke!!
Talking about the cutiest pets - this is came courtesy of Celine - Sam - champion 3 years running! Champion for what? Check it out - it made me giggle for ages.
Stay tuned folks - next blog is the wedding special - thats right ladies - the photos are going live!

3 Comments:
Yes! I have waited long enough for wedding photos. Love your new painting. Harriett says hi, love T
Hey Heidi and Gary, love the pic and yes I pissed myself when I checked out Sam! Hope everything's going well over there. Life is grand here in Sydney! chat soon, Matt
Sam - Blue Heeler cross?
Our new dog?
Post a Comment
<< Home