Monday, August 08, 2005

Donegal - Road Trip!!!

Spent last weekend in Donegal with Paul and Justine (G was workin!) - a gruelling drive of 4 and a half hours (ha ha - joke for the locals) - stopped for breakfast twice!! I am very out of practice - there was a time when I could drive from Brissy to Sydney in 14 hours...

Magnificent landscape - we are already planning another trip up there - but will take my oils next time and see what I can mix together. But till I get one of my canvas' (canvasii???) into the scanner - a couple of pics to browse...

We also visited the Doagh Famine Village - and got a dreadful incite into the Irish Famine (1845). To think that the same imperialist politics (among other contributing factors) that allowed the escalation of the Irish famine are still resulting in the starvation of millions today - over a 150 years later - is overwhelmingly sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home