Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thermos!!

You might be thinking I am a little low on quality content. I was starting to feel bad everything my browser defaulted to the blog... you know 7 entries in and I am already starting to neglect my vast readership... Reesy - at least you log on every week or so - even if just to complain that the wedding special is still long overdue. WELL! This week you get a short sweet entry about our new thermos. I did mention it last entry - and I got so many responses regarding this little tidbit that I thought I dedicate a whole entry to it - you won't be sorry - you'll be rushing out Kmart/Dunnes and snapping up one by the end of this!

Why Thermos's are so brill!

It holds about 5 cups (lid cups) - sufficient to keep any tea addict well perked for at least the time taken to drive between and the east coast and west coast of the emerald isle. It will keep your beverage at a very decent temperature for a least four hours - as long as prepare your thermos correctly before setting off. I recommend the following procedure:

1. boil kettle
2. pour boiled water into thermos all the way to the top
3. refill kettle if necessary and boil sufficient water for a pot of tea
4. brew your tea for 5 mins
5. empty nicely warmed thermos and refill with lovely tea!

HOT TIPS FOR YOUR THERMOS

- DON'T overfill with tea - leave a bit of room at the top so that it doesn't spurt out the top when you pour out your first cup.
- DON'T add milk to your thermos - carry a little bottle with enough milk for your journey.
- DON'T attempt to use your thermos if you are driving! Bring a friend/spouse on your journey and ask them to decant a hot cup for you. Better still...
- DO find a nice spot under an oak (or eucalyptus for my Australian readers) and have a 'REVIVE and SURVIVE' 5 minute break.
- DO wash your thermos thoroughly after each use. Nothing is worse than wanting to use your thermos and finding that SOMEONE didn't wash out the last time so now there is bloody mouldy feckin tea in your new bloody thermos.
- finally DO use your thermos as often as you can! Even for those short trips up the coast or a bit of weekend house hunting its wonderfully refreshing to be able to have a hot cuppa. It save you having to pull over the service station and buy a cup of tea in a paper cup - that's like a saving of about €2 per 3 hour journey. That means that if were to use your thermos every weekend you could save a whopping €104 a year!!!

Thermos's rock! Check out the models here: http://www.thermos.co.uk/

7 Comments:

At 7:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you'd say farewell to lattes in favour of the cup of tea! I have recently given up tea in favour of lattes again. Lots of new coffee shopd around here we can visit when you return, Heidi-ho!

 
At 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi, you will be using the Soup Thermos next!! There great too!! I loved your entry it made me laugh so much my ribs ached, i even called mum in to have a read. She confirmed your mental. Missing you thou.... have to catch up again soon.

 
At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While we love your article on what everybody has been using for years and years it is no substitute for the wedding photos we have been waiting for for nearly 12 months.

Get your fecking act together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your impatient parents far away in Oz

 
At 2:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fecken spotlight on a themos? Sis... WTF?!
Sounds like an infomercial break between episodes of Desparate Housewives...

Thanks for the shout-out to your bro as you drove past Sligo to get to Donegal.. bitach. But I still loves yeh!
xox

 
At 2:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot Damn!
Just sussed out the site you did up for Ross... came out a right treat. Damn your sexi-corporate stylings... I'll never design for the web agane :P

 
At 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Blogg, from the one who obeysXXXX

 
At 4:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are not advocating that the long honoured tradition of having a drop of milk in the oul thermos is to be abandoned, suspect this is a fairly upper class thermos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home