Monday, January 16, 2006

No Direction Home

Has anyone noticed how much I look like Bobby??

Online Radio Stations

If you're stuck behind a pc all day put on yer phones and listen online...

Check out www.pandora.com; new web radio 'experience'. Actually its quite brilliant - follow the instructions, add in a couple of your favourite songs or bands or artists and let pandora select some like sounding tunes. You can also share your radio stations. Those of you who know my catchheidi yahoo email can plug in my email address and view the radio stations I have up and running. The country music station needs a bit of fine tuning though, currently there is a lot of George Strait that needs to be weeded out and replaced with some blue grass ... Its all part of the 'conversation' between user and the machine.

Speaking of country - I am getting into it at the moment - probably an unconscious reaction to the 2 degree weather... The best country mix I've found is the ABC's Dig Country. It got an awesome playlist of cool country - although it does play Kasey Whiny Chambers occasional. If you're online you should log on and get in touch with your inner akubra.

No Direction Home

For christmas I got the ultimate Bob Dylan documentary on DVD - No Direction Home by Martin Scorsese - from a very nice sister in-law. All 4 hours is pretty riveting even for occasional fans. It features an contemporary Dylan - beautifully moustached and dapper - talking from the heart about his younger years in New York early 60's and his rapid assent to legend status as the mob-appointed leader of the protest movement to his 'fall from grace' in 66 when he introduced the electric guitar into his set... What a bloody Legend.

Chronicles

Finally - if you haven't already... reading Bob's Chronicles, Vol. 1 should be on the list of great books to read in 2006. Who would have thought Bob could write such accessible, honest, beautiful words about himself and his life and his music. Read it.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi-ho, I forgot to tell you I read "Chronicles" last year and loved it - even took it to my book club. Am keen to see No Direction Home - it was screened on SBS in 2 parts here in Dec. Will you keep up the 2-blogs-in-2-weeks record this year?! T xx

 
At 2:54 am, Blogger Unknown said...

...I'm hopin sis that you're playing more of yer banjo or at least plan to with your new lifestyle - I hope you've learnt a few more chords and a scale or two when we next duo at the Temple Bar Music Centre...

 
At 5:51 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Whats new tiger?
New job not elegible for open guff status on the site?

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home